january 1, 2014
In four days, I will have spent an incredible 101 days in residency at the Riverside Art Museum. I won’t call it a roller coaster ride because it has been all highs … more like being on a treadmill at high-speed, with no breaks!!
Here’s the final four-day schedule for “52”… second, third and fourth visits happen quite often… so come back in and bring a friend.
- Jan 2/ Thursday…10 to 4 and 6 to 9pm CLOSING RECEPTION
- Jan 3/ Friday/ 10 to 4
- Jan 4/ Saturday 10 to 4
- Jan 5/ Sunday 12 to 4
Highlights of the exhibit…
- over 10,000 people have been thru the art museum since the 1st of October 2013
- UCR is archiving the 52-week gallery of the exhibit
- LA filmmakers have started filming a documentary
- The Riverside Art Museum extended “52” and the Community Foundation gave a grant for FREE admission so that more people could see the exhibit
- I have hosted 25 programs and events and 10 cases of wine has been consumed!
- There is at least one person, if not more, that cries almost everyday when viewing the exhibit. It is hard to explain…you need to see the show.
- The roof didn’t leak during the last rain thanks to a lot of hard work by the board, an expert on old buildings and a very generous donation. I will reveal the source in the next blog
- My hopes are to help raise $52,000 for the museum by the time I leave my residency, through sponsors, ‘Friends of Sue’ donations, new memberships and the sale of my solar etched prints. A little over $49,000 has been raised, so far.
- Over 40 of the solar etched prints have sold
Hope you can get by, one last time, and help me drink up the wine that is left….one less thing to have to move out!! I cannot thank all of you enough for all the many acts of support the last couple of years and for making the past 3 months so special.
All is good…all of the time…love…sue